BRAIN allows to initiate new ideas and transversal projects, by bringing together a multidisciplinary consortium of world renowned scientists, in order to face the biggest neuroscience research challenges and to tend towards transversality between the molecular, systemic, behavioral and clinical levels.
Therefore, BRAIN was built on the diversity and complementary expertise of its partners and teams, in the following fields of application whose excellence is internationally recognized: super-resolution imaging, neuron cell biology, physiology of neural networks, human and animal behavior, mechanismes of neurodegenerative and behavioral disorders.
Our efforts have been organized and concentrated around 5 major transversal projects corresponding to major challenges in modern neuroscience. The five scientific projects of brain result from a combination of bottom-up and top-down approaches. They all transversally involve teams from different partner research centers and all reflect our motto: "From molecules to behavior for understanding brain function and its pathologies".
The strengths of these scientific projects lie in their focused and well identified aims, multidisciplinary approaches, critical mass of top level researchers and major potential impacts:
- Axis 1 : Mechanisms and pathophysiological consequences of the dynamic organization of synapses
- Axis 2 : Integrative physiology of synapses and neuronal networks
- Axis 3 : Molecular basis of the transition to addiction
- Axis 4 : Transversal pathophysiology and innovative therapeutics for aging, memory and cognition
- Axis 5 : Transversal pathophysiology and innovative therapeutics for sleep and attention disorders
In order to connect basic research to societal issues, the transfer strategy developed within the LabEx BRAIN encourages the creation of new start-up based on BRAIN laboratories results.