Bordeaux Imaging Center
The Bordeaux Imaging Center (BIC) provides services, training and technological innovations in cellular imaging to the academic and private scientific communities, mainly in life, health and plant sciences. It is a central facility identified at the national level as "Infrastructure in Health and Agronomy Biology" (IBISA).
The BIC is part of the national infrastructure France BioImaging and the European infrastructure Euro BioImaging.
The different components of the BIC are: photonic imaging, electronic imaging, plant imaging.
> BIC Photonic
- Training in confocal microscopy, other microscopies and refresher training
- Provision of equipment: macroscopy, epifluorescence or video microscopy, FRAP video microscopy, confocal microscopy, PALM, spinning-disk microscopy, multiphoton microscopy (FLIM), confocal STED microscopy, long acquisition of all types of microscopes
- Engineering service: image acquisition, image analysis (the engineering service for image analysis is only charged if the images have not been acquired on the platform)
> BIC Electronic
- Provision: electron microscopes, ultramicrotomes, immunolabelling apparatus, image analysis station
- Sample preparation: techniques for transmission electron microscopy (TEM), for scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Complete execution of a study project: sample preparation, image interpretation, production of a study report
- Training: initial and continuing training, technical and equipment training
- Research and development: correlative microscopy (in collaboration with the photonic imaging part), electron tomography, cryopreparations