BRAIN program for sabbaticals
The cluster of excellence BRAIN (Bordeaux Region Aquitaine initiative for Neuroscience) aims at promoting excellence of the research, transfer, training and international visibility of Bordeaux Neuroscience.
Therefore, BRAIN wishes to facilitate sabbatical stays (1-6 months) in its affiliated laboratories for oustanding-level senior scientists coming from foreign countries.
These visitors will bring their expertise to the Bordeaux Neuroscience community during their stay and act as our ambassadors when they return to their own countries. Applications will be evaluated year long by the BRAIN steering committee based primarily on excellence of the candidate. The selected visitors are expected to give at least one seminar during their stay.
- CV with the 5 most relevant publications;
- host team;
- starting date and duration of the stay;
- summary of the scientific project, with a description of the expected mutual benefit of the collaboration (up to one page);
- letter of agreement from the head of the host laboratory;
- financial plan, indicating the applicant’s agreements with her/his home institution, the possible sources of support for salary, travel, housing and research (1/2 page).
- the subvention is up to 6,000 €;
- there is no deadline for submission of proposals.
For additional information, please contact:
Claire Herzog, Project Manager
+33 (0)5 57 57 36 78
- Picture in categories